February 10, 2011

Broaches

Today I want to show you how I tried to combine the beauty and utility of quilling. I am sure I am not the first one who tried doing this (as a matter of fact, I've seen so many artists who create mostly jewelry with quilling technique), but these are my first attempts, were made for my friend and, as far as I can tell, she was very pleased with them. What do you think?




The two models were made after two pictures I had in my Quilling folder and the models were choosed by my friend. Here they are:

 


What I am sorry about is that I cannot remember where I took these pictures from and I cannot give the credits to the authors, but if you see this and you are the artist or somebody who knows the artist, please let me a comment and tell me if I can keep your pictures here of if it bothers you. Thanks a lot. I usually try to make my own models but this time this is what I was requested to do so...this is what I did.
I promise I'll show you original creations quite soon. I do! :)
But until next time,
Behave And Quill!

Later Edit: My blogger friend, kiddo told me that she fortunately found the author of the butterfly, you can see her work hereUnfortunately, Michaela does not have a blog yet, but she told me she intends to create one. Hope we hear from that soon! Thanks a lot, kiddo!

18 comments:

kiddo said...

Fluturasul e favoritul, e asa dragut! Probabil pentru ca am eu o dragoste mare pentru fluturi :)

Baukje said...

So Beautiful!!!
Groetjes Baukje

Unknown said...

Thank you Baukje! I've been admiring your work for so long now and receiving such a compliment from you is truly an honour!

Kiddo (Apropo, imi place nickname-ul tau la nebunie, imi aminteste de un prieten din adolescenta), merci fain. Si mie mi-a placut mai mult fluturasul fiindca a durat mai putin sa-l fac:P In rest, amandoua imi sunt dragi...:) Dar multumesc frumos. Daca dragostea ta pentru fluturi e atat de mare incat vrei si unul de quilling, spune-mi si poate rezolvam cumva:)) >:D<

SUGANTHI said...

Lovely!

kiddo said...

Multumesc mult, Diana :)Sper sa reusesc sa fac si eu un fluturas quilling macar pe jumatate atat de dragut ca si al tau, iar daca nu iese, te anunt si mai vedem noi :)

kiddo said...

Rasfoind azi forumul de origami, paginile dedicate quilling-ului, am dat peste fluturas! Pun aici link-ul paginii respective. Nu stiu sa iti spun daca Michaela are si blog.
http://origamiromania.forumgratuit.ro/t295p195-quilling

Unknown said...

Multumesc tare mult, kiddo, i-am dat un pm pe forum...daca faci rost de blogul ei, imi spui te rog adresa? Multumesc mult de tot!

chillin with Quillin said...

New follower of your blog, I just checked it out and I think wour art is fantastic, great work!
Paula

Unknown said...

Thank you Paula, I like your work a lot, too! I remember that one of the first quilling works I've ever seen was your pirate ship. I had no idea who was the author, but I am so happy and honoured that it is you and that you commented here. Thank you very much!

Bronwyn said...

Love your jewelery ideas.
Thanks for making a comment on my blog.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much, Bronwyn! And thank you also for stopping by! :) Commenting on your blog was my pleasure:)

Eenzy Beenzy said...

I am a new follower of your blog!
Love ur work! Super neat :)

Sumi said...

I am new follower of ur blog. very neat.. i dont know how i missed urs this much days. i am new to blogging and i have published my works in http://quillingmadly.blogspot.com. Kindly have a look.

Unknown said...

Sumi, you are so sweet! Thank you very much! I visited your blog and liked it soooo much!

Monica said...

These broaches are just so pretty... Your colour combos are just too good. Quilling must take so much time and patience, right?

I am so happy that you are following my blog. Thank you!

xxx Monica

Unknown said...

Monica, you are too kind! Thank you for you compliment and visit.
About patience... I think every craft implies patience...Art itself implies patience, but we like this, right? :)

I am also happy following your blog! I won't miss a thing;)

XoXo Diana

Atelier Suriel said...

This rose was wonderfully beautiful.
Turned his follower.

Brotherly hugs lots of light

WWW.ateliersuriel.blogspot.com
WWw.hospitalespiritualdomundo.blogspot.com

Essa rosa ficou Maravilhosamente linda.
Virei sua seguidora.

Abraços fraterno de muita luz

WWW.ateliersuriel.blogspot.com
WWw.hospitalespiritualdomundo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

simply awesome !!!!