February 2, 2011

"The Toothpick Era"

Today I decided to show you something I made in what  I call "The Toothpick Era", meaning the beginnings of my quilling-passion, when I didn't have tools but an enourmous will, so I improvised the tools, got the first adhesive (which wasn't that good, by the way :)) ) I could find and started quilling.
Actually, this is not my very first artwork, but is the very first which was so big and complex and it was a present for my friend.







Because I was very "new" in this, I didn't have many ideas at that time, so I started surfing all the quilling blogs I knew to find another artwork which could inspire me. I don't know how visible it is(I think you can tell that), but my inspiration art work was this from Inna's Creations (definitely one of my top three favourite quilling blogs of all time!) :

I know, it's not the same thing, I didn't intend it to be, but still I needed to tell you who "helped" my imagination with this one. Thank you very much, Inna ! I love your work!
Enjoy and tell me what you think about it!

And don't forget:
Until next time,
Behave And Quill!

10 comments:

Philippa said...

It looks like an excellent first project to me! I agree that Inna's work is truly inspirational.

Unknown said...

Thanks Philippa, you are so nice! The fun part was that I had to hide it during it's "making of" because my friend is also my room-mate and it had to be a surprise :). As for Inna...yes, she is so so gifted!

SUGANTHI said...

Such a big project for a beginner must have been so much work and you have done a good job. I am sure your friend is delighted.

Cameleonic said...

Mc pt banner si pentru vizita.Am observat ca aveam codul un pic gresit,daca ai vrea tu sa-l mai iei odata de pe blog te rog...
Ai un blog colorat,plin de viata.....bafta in continuare si abia astept sa-ti mai vad lucrarile quilling.

Unknown said...

Thank you Suganthi, always so nice :) She liked it, indeed. I'll show you soon what else I've made for her.

Cameleonic, am incercat sa il iau din nou, dar uite ca tot nu-mi apare imaginea. Oare care sa fie baiul?

Merci frumos pentru vizita si pentru Follow:)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hi Diana. Thank you for the kind comments on my blog. I have recently fallen in love with quilling but not attempted something so elaborate. It is superb.

Anca said...

Sunt de acord ca pentru ceva de inceput a iesit minunat! Si eu sunt din Cluj, pasionata de quilling (dar nu numai), acum am descoperit blogul tau si m-am amuzat cand am vazut ca avem acelasi fundal:)

Unknown said...

Hi, Diana!
I agree with everyone who already said about your wonderful project. I, too, love to take a snap during the day light and the shadows are always so welcome. Inna is an inspiration for many of us.
And, yes, thank you for linking me, I did the same for your blog. Hope it will work;)
Be happy and happy quilling!
Suzana

Unknown said...

Suzana, it happened to be in the daylight, but yes, I agree with you that the shadows always give a very whimsical look.
Thank you so much for stopping by! :)

Inna D. said...

Very beautiful work! Well done!
Thanks for linking to my blog.